- The direction has to be reasonable. For example, a direction may be unreasonable depending on the impact of the direction on any caring responsibilities the employee may have.
- Employees must be consulted with about any proposed changes at least 3 days’ before the direction is given.
- A direction must be in writing.
- You must keep written records of the consultation.
- To give a jobkeeper enabling direction about different duties or location of work you must reasonably believe that the direction is necessary to continue the employment of one or more employees.