I have an employee who is refusing to work and wants to be paid the jobkeeper payment. What do I do?

Proceed with caution.

You may be able to establish that an employee is not complying with a lawful and reasonable direction to perform work and take disciplinary action. However, be mindful that a number of the temporary provisions to the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) (such as the benefit that an employee of an employer has or derives because of an obligation of the employer to satisfy the wage conditions) are workplace rights.

We recommend you seek advice.