You can claim the jobkeeper payment for eligible employees that were employed on 1 March 2020, and continue to be employed while you are claiming the jobkeeper payment.
An eligible employee is an employee who:
- is currently employed by the eligible employer (including those stood down or re-hired);
- is a full-time or part-time employee, or a casual employee (employed on a regular and systematic basis for longer than 12 months as at 1 March 2020);
- is a permanent employee of the employer, or if a casual employee, not a permanent employee of any other employer;
- was aged 16 years or older at 1 March 2020, with the exception of full time students who are 17 years old and younger and who are not financially independent;
- was an Australian citizen, the holder of a permanent visa, or a Special Category (Subclass 444)
Visa Holder at 1 March 2020;
- was a resident for Australian tax purposes on 1 March 2020; and
- is not in receipt of a jobkeeper payment from another employer.
The employee must have also given you a notice in the approved form (the “nomination notice”) and not be excluded from being an eligible employee.