- This event has passed.
10 HR/Employment Law Misconceptions
April 5 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm AEST
Have you ever wondered where the rule about three warnings came from or why a probation period is usually six months? Join Erin Lynch, on Tuesday, 5 April 2022 at 11am, as she discusses 10 HR/Employment Law misconceptions.
Erin will be addressing the following topics:
- Whether paying above the award means that the award does not apply.
- Should you extend probation periods?
- Are restraints enforceable?
- You must give an employee three warnings before terminating an employee’s employment.
- Do you need a termination policy?
- Bonuses are determined at the sole discretion of the employer.
- You can make deductions from an employee’s pay.
- The accrual of leave.
- The role of a support person.
- Terminating employment on the basis of serious misconduct is simple.